From: "Tomáš Chvátal" <scarabeus@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Unused ebuild built_with_use cleanup
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 2009 22:25:35
1 On čtvrtek 08 Říjen 2009, 23:34:10 Petteri Räty wrote:
2 > Even this is wrong because:
3 Hi
4 ...
5 >
6 > betelgeuse@pena ~ $ portageq metadata / ebuild sys-libs/glibc-2.2.5-r10
7 > IUSE nls
8 >
9 > For most packages old versions are not kept around so just doing
10 > >=cat/foo-X.Y[use] is fine and EAPI 3 is not needed. I haven't come
11 > across a case that couldn't be done with EAPI 2 yet. Granted the atoms
12 > can be a bit cleaner with EAPI 3 but considering how much zmedico slacks
13 > in implementing it, it's best to do migrating now with EAPI 2 than EAPI
14 > 3 in the far future.
15 This is not exactly nice of you. And taking in account that you are actualy
16 the council member it makes me feel not entirely happy.
17 If we just simply take look onto this:
18 http://cia.vc/stats/author/zmedico/
19 we can count that Zac commit something into portage every 3 hours. It does not
20 look entirely like slacking...
21 So you are basicaly proposing that maintaining the current codebase and
22 improving what we already have is less important than providing new features,
23 that is also not good.
24
25 Just my 2 cents
26