From: Anders Hellgren <andh@××××××××××××××××××××××××××.se>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 38: Status of forum moderators in the Gentoo project
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 12:35:02
1 On Tue, 28 Jun 2005, Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò wrote:
2
3 > On Tuesday 28 June 2005 13:29, Anders Hellgren wrote:
4 >
5 >> Now, some people seem to have a
6 >> problem with someone being global moderator or admin without being
7 >> official staff.
8 > No that's not the issue. The issue is that if you want that global moderators
9 > have the right to vote (that was the main request done iirc), then they must
10 > be official staff, and to be that, they need to take the quiz.
11 > Having some global mods staff (just because they are mods, not because they
12 > are staff for other means) and some not, will confuse the userbase.
13 > As we said, most of the global mods are already staff so already have the
14 > right to vote, so if you don't want to change this, there's nothing to
15 > discuss about: if an individual wants the right to vote, it just needs to be
16 > staff for other reasons.
17 >
18 > If you want that "Global Moderator == Offical Staff", you need that all of
19 > them take the quiz and become official staff.
20
21 Please see the rest of my previous post. We have not proposed to make
22 global moderators official staff without taking the quiz. What we have
23 said is that future global mods should become official staff and hence
24 take the quiz, but we want the current mods to be able to choose not to
25 become official staff but still be able to remain moderator. Should anyone
26 decide that's want they want, they will not become official staff and
27 hence not get any voting rights.
28
29 >> FWIW, there are non-staff bug wranglers, aren't there? To me, that's
30 >> essentially the same thing as non-staff moderators.
31 > For local moderator, yes. As for ATs.
32 > But it's clear to user that bug-wranglers or ATs aren't Official Staff:
33 > " A note about arch testers "status": Gentoo/AMD64 Arch Testers are not
34 > official Gentoo developers. They are, however, a recognized part of the
35 > Gentoo/AMD64 arch team. I ask that all AT's keep this in mind when selecting
36 > email signatures or other forms of communication. " [1]
37 >
38 > [1] http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/base/amd64/tests/index.xml?part=1&chap=1
39
40 I'd say that any user seeing his bug being RESOLVED DUPLICATE sees that
41 action as an official one even if it was a non-staffer who marked it such.
42
43 Cheers,
44
45 Anders (kallamej)