From: grozin@g.o
To: gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] packages up for grab
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2017 10:51:22
1 Packages I'm no longer interested in:
2
3 media-gfx/fotoxx
4 sci-libs/arprec
5 sci-libs/mathgl
6 sci-libs/qd
7 sci-mathematics/genius
8 sci-mathematics/gsl-shell
9 sci-mathematics/mathmod
10 sci-mathematics/reduce
11
12 fotoxx is now maintainer-needed. If anybody is interested, welcome. The
13 upstream releases very often, a bump is needed.
14
15 All the other packages are now maintained by sci or sci-mathematics
16 projects. If anybody is interested, please add yoursels as a maintainer.
17 Maybe, gsl-shell and mathmod can be last-rited if nowbody takes them - I
18 experimented with them a little but did not find them useful.
19
20 reduce is a very old version, hard-masked, non-working. reduce is a
21 powerful and efficient CAS comparable with maxima. I use it quite often,
22 but I compile new versions by hand, outside portage. The build system is
23 terrible. If somebody could bump it to a modern version (an essential
24 rewrite of the ebuild is needed), it would be excellent. Otherwise, we'll
25 have to remove it :-(
26
27 One more appeal to the community. wxmaxima is used by many maxima users. I
28 was not its formal maintainer, but in the past I did much work bumping it.
29 The version in the tree is old (though working). The bump is urgently
30 needed. The upstream has switched to cmake, and a nearly complete rewrite
31 of the ebuild is needed.
32
33 Andrey Grozin