From: Patrick Kursawe <phosphan@g.o>
To: Gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New ebuilds
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 10:47:06
1 On Fri, Sep 19, 2003 at 11:51:45AM +0200, Philippe Lafoucrière wrote:
2 > Don't kill me too soon... but I really find the way to post new ebuilds
3 > too complicated. I went to bugs.gentoo.org, and got a :
4 >
5 > "The 'bug number' is invalid. It is neither a bug number nor an alias
6 > to a bug number. If you are trying to use QuickSearch, you need to
7 > enable JavaScript in your browser. To help us fix this limitation, add
8 > your comments to bug 70907."
9
10 Where did you click? The above "I went to ... and got a ..." is not
11 exactly a useful bug report...
12
13 > It's really hard to add the new ebuild. I had to go through the maze of
14 > bugs.gentoo.org. There's no REAL place to add them (no category for new
15 > ebuilds). This part is really "fuzzy" too in
16 > http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/gentoo-howto.xml with just a link to
17 > bugs.gentoo.org.
18
19 That's why we have http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/ebuild-submit.xml
20
21 > I think this should be really simpler, with maybe a new web repository
22 > to upload ebuilds (I know, bugs.gentoo.org is one, but it's too heavy).
23
24 Even with the guide you didn't find?
25 I think having new ebuilds coupled to bugzilla is essential because
26 it provides a method for feedback on the ebuilds in case of problems.
27
28 Bye, Patrick