From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] install CD bloat
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 18:48:04
1 On Wednesday 20 August 2003 17:51, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2 > On Wed, 2003-08-20 at 11:56, Svyatogor wrote:
3 > > As long as the discussion turned towards things like vim/lynx and so on.
4 > > Here are my 2 cents. When I was doing my first Gentoo install vim was
5 > > not on LiveCD. The only editor there was nano, and it almost drove
6 > > me crazy, especially considering that Gentoo installation involves *a
7 > > lot* of file editing. Having a good editor is a very important thing, so
8 > > plz, don't try to save a mb's of CD space in cost of replacing vim with
9 > > anything.
10 >
11 > vim is only available outside of chroot. It is not in the stages, and
12 > isn't available while in chroot. Personally, I HATE nano, but I think
13
14 And it is perfectly able of editing files inside the chroot environment. So
15 just edit them with the external vim, then build system. Then merge vim
16
17 Paul
20 Paul de Vrieze
21 Gentoo Developer