From: Marek Szuba <marecki@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: pr@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New item for sys-kernel/hardened-sources removal
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2017 07:40:20
1 On 2017-08-15 17:01, Francisco Blas Izquierdo Riera (klondike) wrote:
2
3 > I'd like to get this one up by Saturday so that we can proceed with
4 > masking and removing of the hardened-sources after upstream stopped
5 > releasing new patches.
6 >
7 > This is my first time writting a news item so all input will be appreciated.
8
9 Two tiny bits of formal nitpicking from my side:
10 - it's "grsecurity" (not a typo, they do use a lowercase g except when
11 the name appears at the beginning of a sentence), not "grsec";
12 - the patches were not *distributed by* grsecurity, they *are*
13 grsecurity. The vendor's name is Open Source Security, Inc.
17 Marecki