From: "G.C.D. Dijkhuizen" <gdijkhuizen@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Question/Suggestion
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 08:23:07
1 Hi,
2
3 I've been a happy gentoo user for a couple of weeks now and I hope you
4 will continue to do a good job.
5 Okay here it comes................at this moment their are 1442 packages
6 listed at your website. I've looked on your website and on my own
7 computer for any information regarding the added new packages. Maybe
8 it's an idea, unless it's already out there but I don't know about, to
9 mark or show which packages have just been added.
10
11 Greetz
12
13 Dominique
14 --
15 L.S.
16
17 If you decide to send me any documents, then do so in a non-proprietary
18 format. Examples of such formats are: RTF (Rich Text Format), HTML, XML,
19 postscript (ps) and OpenOffice (sxw,zipped XML).
20 Upon receiving a document of proprietary format, I will consider it as
21 non-relevant information and it will end up in /dev/null.
22 In other words, it will not be read!
23 Proprietary formats, such as a Microsoft format, tend to carry virusses
24 and loads of (personal) infomation about the original author, which the
25 author probably does not know about and certainly does not want the
26 world
27 to know. For example Office 97 program's are known to send information
28 about
29 the author of a document over the internet to Microsoft when the
30 computer is
31 connected to internet.