From: jano <jano@××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] KDE packages/categories and subcategories
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2001 19:10:22
1 > On Wed, Aug 08, 2001 at 11:14:01PM +0200, Mikael Hallendal wrote:
2 >>kde-apps and gnome-apps categories will be a mess and you can't find
3 >>what you are looking for unless you know the name of the package.
4 >
5 > Perhaps a quick "findpkg" script is in order for portage. That'd be a
6 > good task for python or perl.
9 I believe one already exists.. called pkgsearch or something similar in the
10 ebuild-binary/script directory (usr/sbin/SOMETHING). I was getting ready
11 to write an email this coming weekend about how exactly it works (looks
12 recursive with like no function calls ???)
13
14 jano