From: Leonardo Boshell <gentoo@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Translation of Gentoo docs
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 17:26:27
1 Hello everyone,
2
3 I think you guys must be sick of hearing this, but let me introduce
4 myself telling you that I'm one of the recently enlightened. I'm a
5 converted Gentoo user, and I love it. I'm happy as a cow (as Larry the
6 cow, to be precise) and I want to help spread the word, letting the
7 world know how much ass Gentoo kicks. :)
10 Anyway, one thing I think would be useful is to translate the Gentoo
11 docs into other languages. I don't know if there's currently any effort
12 in this respect, but I assume there isn't, since the entire Gentoo web
13 site is in English only.
14
15 Personally, I'm willing to translate just about any Gentoo related doc
16 into Spanish. Following the instructions found at the Gentoo Linux
17 Documentation Guide <http://www.gentoo.org/doc/xml-guide.html>, I
18 already downloaded the following tarball:
19 <http://www.gentoo.org/projects/guide-xml-latest.tar.gz> and got started
20 with the job.
21
22 Now the obvious question is, what do I do next?
23
24 How do you think translations should be handled (if you think
25 translating Gentoo docs is a good idea after all)? Who should I have to
26 bug with my translations?
29 Thanks,
30
31 Leonardo B.