From: Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Versioning of eclasses and possibly functions inside ebuilds
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2011 19:21:46
1 On 12/28/2011 05:12 AM, Francesco Riosa wrote:
2 > Seem to me that append a time slice to the function, in the name or as
3 > a parent function that call the underling function can solve most of
4 > the versioning/deprecation problems
5
6 I've overheard Arfrever discussing a similar approach in funtoo's irc
7 channel, where the ebuild would set a variable prior to inherit if it
8 wants to use a specific eclass API. For the python eclass, he's planning
9 to have ebuilds set the PYTHON_ECLASS_API variable to use the new API.
10 When the variable is unset, the eclass will default to the older API.
11 --
12 Thanks,
13 Zac