From: Viktor Lakics <lakicsv@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [[gentoo-dev] Problem adding user + Internationalization]
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 02:54:33
1 I think you can use a switch / parameter for that (check out man adduser)
2 Sorry I do not have linux access at the moment). If that does not work, can
3 always create the home dir by hand (mkdir /home/name_of_user).
4 After you create the new user and before you log in you should use passwd
5 command to create a password for that user (passwd name_of_user). Then you
6 should be able to log in.
7
8 I do remember the some troubles with the adduser script in gentoo. I ended up
9 doing it after emerging kdeadmin and using the user manager program...(I
10 should have figured it out, but I knew I want kDE anyway, so this way it was
11 much simpler)
14 Language:
15
16 Emerge one of the i18n files e.g. kde-i18n-hu-2.2.tar.gz for Hungarian(the one
17 which corresponds to your language), then go to kde Control Center and find
18 the appropriate language section. You should be able to do it from there (do
19 not forget to add/change the new keyboard layout as well..
23 HTH: VIktor
26 Sylvain OBEGI <katios@×××××××.net> wrote:
27 > Hello
28 > I tried to add an user, but ran into troubles. When doing a adduser
29 > command, i got a message about problem with homedir or something like
30 > that. Of course no home dir is created. And, I cannot log in with the
31 > new user.
32 > Any idea?
35 > How to change add/change language in apps like kde?
36 >
37 > Thanks in advance
38 >
39 > --