From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Low Latency Patches
Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2001 19:40:53
1 On Sun, Oct 07, 2001 at 10:15:08AM -0600, Daniel Robbins wrote:
2 > On Sun, Oct 07, 2001 at 04:05:25PM +0200, Erik Van Reeth wrote:
3 >
4 > > Just a question : can one use the preemptive kernel patch and the low latency
5 > > patch of Andrew Morton together or is the preemptive better than the other
6 > > one.
7 >
8 > They should work together. I just applied the scheduling latency patch to my
9 > preemptive 2.4.10 sources, and I got no rejects. They should complement each
10 > other, if I understand it correctly. However, I haven't tested the kernel yet,
11 > but I will this afternoon. If they work together, this will be one hot kernel.
12
13 The low latency patches and the preempt patches work great together. I'll roll
14 these into 2.4.10-r2 and have it on rsync within minutes (I hope :).
15
16 Best Regards,
19 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
20 Chief Architect/President http://www.gentoo.org