From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: axs@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Dynamic SLOTs
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 15:03:33
1 On Mon, 18 Jun 2012 10:49:37 -0400
2 Ian Stakenvicius <axs@g.o> wrote:
3
5 > Hash: SHA256
6 >
7 > On 17/06/12 11:53 AM, Michał Górny wrote:
8 > > On Sun, 17 Jun 2012 17:46:00 +0200 Thomas Sachau <tommy@g.o>
9 > > wrote:
10 > >>>
11 > >>> ... If I weren't using 32-bit libs, and now I want to compile
12 > >>> 32-bit wine, I have to recompile most of my libraries for both
13 > >>> ABIs. That is a no go for me.
14 > >>
15 > >> So you want to build a 32bit package, which is depending on
16 > >> 32bit libs, but want to do that without the needed dependencies?
17 > >> Please tell me, how that works.
18 > >
19 > > I'm trying to build a 32bit package and its 32bit dependencies.
20 > > Your solution involves building a 32bit package and rebuilding all
21 > > 64bit packages which happen to be its dependencies for no reason.
22 >
23 > Wait, so a package will be re-emerged but only for the new ABI? So
24 > we're looking at partial package installing now?
25
26 Not exactly. Rather being able to build multiple packages from a single
27 ebuild.
28
29 > Or is this going to make multi-ABI installs be more like the way
30 > crossdev works, where each individual package supporting multiple ABIs
31 > will be installed multiple times, independently?
32
33 Something like this, yet without writing additional ebuilds.
36 Best regards,
37 Michał Górny