From: "Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò" <flameeyes@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] qadeps(?) - useful(?) tool for deps qa
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 16:11:16
1 On Sunday 29 October 2006 03:41, Piotr Jaroszyński wrote:
2 >  - Checks whether runtime deps of installed package are all set. The check
3 > is            going LEVEL-deep, where LEVEL is user specified. Uses
4 > checkdeps.rb (great betelgeuse's script) to determine needed rdeps.
5 qlist ${CPV} | scanelf -L -n -q -F '%n #F' | tr , ' ' | xargs qfile -C |
6 sort -u
7
8 This oneliner does more or less what checkrdeps does ...
9
10 The main problem is that it will _not_ work without using --as-needed...
11
12 > - Checks for system packages in dependencies.
13 This might be intentional, currently the QA policy about this is not clear.
14 See bug #151758 . I don't want to see dependencies over zlib removed for
15 instance, you can easily find a way to reproduce packags failing to merge
16 because zlib is broken, and emerge -e world does not merge them before zlib
17 (the same applies to paludis and pkgcore as far as I can tell).
18
19 As I said on that bug, IMHO system dependencies should be stated unless
20 obvious (libc, gcc, binutils), problematic for porting (findutils, net-tools)
21 or creates circular deps (shadow).
24 Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò - http://farragut.flameeyes.is-a-geek.org/
25 Gentoo/Alt lead, Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, Sound, ALSA, PAM, KDE, CJK, Ruby ...