From: Jonas Geiregat <yux@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Proposal: sys-pam category
Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2005 19:13:48
1 Nathan L. Adams wrote:
4 >>Then why is their a browsable "Categories" link on the packages site?
5 >>
6 >>http://packages.gentoo.org/categories/
9 Very good question , ..
10
11 >>I don't agree with Ned. Organizing the packages logically makes things
12 >>less confusing for the end-user and developers alike and doesn't qualify
13 >>as a "cosmetic reason". It *is* valuable work, IMHO.
17 I often use simple unix tools like ls grep etc .. to search for things
18 in my portage tree I find that this goes alot quicker then using the
19 user utilities , so I guess your right those need more attention then
20 the tree structure.
21
22 >>That's not to say that the user tools shouldn't be improved where
23 >>possible, of course. I don't think anyone would argue with that.
24 >>
25 >>Nathan
30 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list