From: David Edwards <david.edwards@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] uptime problems?
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 11:31:10
1 On Wed, Dec 12, 2001 at 11:18:03AM -0600, Terry Chan wrote:
2 > Is anyone else have a problem with running the uptime command?
3 >
4 > On a clean install gentoo r11 box (currently upgraded to latest portage
5 > and baselayout) running uptime gives:
6 >
7 > uptime: couldn't get boot time: No such file or directory
8 >
9 > drobbins suggested using strace, which gives a lot of stuff but the
10 > important part is:
11 >
12 Yep, I went through the same thing. I emerge'd sh-utils and it was fixed. It
13 appears the one that gets installed with baselayout(?) does not access
14 /proc.
17 David Edwards
18 ALH Systems, Inc.