From: Tobias Klausmann <klausman@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Last rites: dev-python/* leaf packages
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2019 10:00:10
1 Hi!
2
3 On Wed, 04 Dec 2019, Aaron Bauman wrote:
4 > dev-python/eyeD3
5 > media-sound/abcde
6 > media-sound/gpodder
7
8 FWIW, eyeD3 has a Py3 (only!) version available. Since abcde is a
9 shell script that just calls the eyeD3 binary, the API changes
10 don't matter. And gpodder is Py3 only itself, so it can't have
11 used eyeD3 as a library. Also, this comment in
12 gpodder-3.10.5.ebuild:
13
14 # As in Fedora: re-enable
15 # >=dev-python/eyeD3-0.7[${PYTHON_USEDEP}] and
16 # ipod? ( media-libs/libgpod[python,${PYTHON_USEDEP}] ) once they
17 # support python3
18
19 I don't have an iPod, so I can't really test gpodder. But as it
20 is, it doesn't *actually* need eyeD3, and thus can be unmasked.
21
22 I'll see if I can bump eyeD3 to Py3 on the weekend, and clean it
23 up as well (it now has different deps etc). It do it now, but
24 properly testing abcde requires access to a CD drive and I don't
25 have that 'til the weekend.
26
27 Best,
28 Tobias
33 Sent from aboard the Culture ship
34 GOU (Abominator class) Falling Outside The Normal Moral Constraints