From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-pms@l.g.o, gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-pms] Authorship of app-doc/pms
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 12:55:06
1 On Thu, 21 Jun 2012 14:46:39 +0200
2 "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o> wrote:
3 > > Not that I particularly mind either way, but your stats are way off
4 > > due to reformatting. If you just use "git blame", someone who
5 > > changes a \t to a \em in a paragraph gets measured as writing that
6 > > line and every line in the paragraph following it.
7 > >
8 > > If you're looking to change the authors list, I recommend doing so
9 > > based upon asking people whether they think they should be on
10 > > there, and adding anyone who says yes, rather than on bogus stats.
11 >
12 > Well at least I added some data to undermine my request. Your turn
13 > now.
14
15 Oh, I think your request is fine, and your results are reasonable. I
16 just think letting anyone who can say with a straight face that they
17 should be there be there is a better measure than numbers that don't
18 tell you anything.
21 Ciaran McCreesh