From: Tobias Quinn <tobias.quinn@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] removed wrong python build
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2002 08:44:31
1 Hi All,
2
3 I managed (selected the wrong thing in pkg-clean) to uninstall my latest
4 python2.2 which leaves my system in a bit of a nasty state. emerge
5 doesn't work. Luckily I had an old iso of 1.0 lying around so I've
6 reinstalled python2.2 from there and got emerge into a vaguely working
7 state. The only problem I have now is that doing an emerge portage or
8 just about anything else complains with (or the corresponding deps
9 file):
10
11 IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
12 '/var/tmp/portage/portage-1.8.18/temp/deps'
13
14 does anyone know a solution to this?? or how to generate these deps
15 files??
16
17 Thanks in advance,
18 Tobias.