From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Stack smash protected daemons
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 05:32:32
1 On Thursday 23 September 2004 01:26 am, Ned Ludd wrote:
2 > I'll vote YES on -fstack-protector an NO on the -fstack-protector-all by
3 > default for the conditions you have outlined.
4 >
5 > ebuilds such as xfree which have problems right now due to improper
6 > handling of ELF will restrict it's use with RESTRICT="autossp" or just
7 > not make use it.
8
9 i think for starters we should just do the 'system' targets, xfree is not a
10 'system' target
11
12 > hasq autossp ${RESTRICT} || append-flags -fstack-protector
13
14 s/RESTRICT/FEATURES/ ...
15 we'd have to check to make sure the toolchain supports stack-protector (some
16 arches need work), but otherwise that's ok
17 -mike
20 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list