From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] missing ide discs mapping is udev's fault?
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 00:15:31
1 On Tuesday 21 February 2006 17:56, Richard Fish wrote:
2 > On 2/21/06, Christian Bricart <christian@×××××××.de> wrote:
3 > > And hdparm iterates through /dev/ide/* if found...
4 >
5 > I assume you are talking about the init script? Because my hdparm
6 > binary requires one to specify a device node, there is no iteration...
7 >
8 > If so, AFAIK that exists only for those still running devfs. If
9 > /dev/ide does not exist, it iterates over all devices found by
10 > "dev/hd?".
11
12 correct ... hdparm init script assumes if you have the /dev/ide compatible
13 stuff, you're using devfs-style names, otherwise it'll use normal /dev/hd?
14 parsing
15 -mike
16 --
17 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list