From: "Jan Kundrát" <jkt@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] How to add a service to /etc/services?
Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2007 10:46:34
1 Ulrich Mueller wrote:
2 > if ! $(grep 2010/tcp /etc/services >/dev/null 2>&1) ; then
3 > cp /etc/services ${T}/services
4 > cat >>${T}/services<<-EOF
5 > ndtp 2010/tcp # Network Dictionary Transfer Protocol
6 > EOF
7 > insinto /etc
8 > doins ${T}/services
9 > fi
10 >
11 > Which leads me to the question: What is the recommended way to add a
12 > service to /etc/services?
13
14 Unless I'm mistaken, altering file that is owned by another package
15 (baselayout in this case) is not a good idea as it would invalidate file
16 checksum that Portage keeps. Why not add that line to
17 baselayout-provided file?
18
19 Cheers,
20 -jkt
23 cd /local/pub && more beer > /dev/mouth