From: Jakub Moc <jakub@g.o>
To: Bret Towe <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re[2]: [gentoo-dev] mac/xmms-mac licence issue
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2005 03:37:36
1 25.12.2005, 4:17:05, Bret Towe wrote:
2
3 > On 12/24/05, Carsten Lohrke <carlo@g.o> wrote:
4 >> This isn't politics, but copyright infringement on top of a ridiculous license
5 >> (when you want to see it as one) we had a short discussion1 about several
6 >> months ago.
7
8 > im sorry i fail to see how copyright infringement or a ridiculous licence
9 > matters when commiting a ebuild to portage just pick a licence if thats the
10 > issue warn the user and leave it at that
11
12 Yuck. I'm sorry, but arguments like "copyright does not matter, just go ship
13 it" won't fare too well, leaving further debate pretty much pointless.
14 Copyright *does* matter, if you want to see an example how a ridiculous
15 license kills the job, go see qmail ebuilds.
19 Best regards,
20
21 Jakub Moc
22 mailto:jakub@g.o
23 GPG signature: http://subkeys.pgp.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xCEBA3D9E
24 Primary key fingerprint: D2D7 933C 9BA1 C95B 2C95 B30F 8717 D5FD CEBA 3D9E
25
26 ... still no signature ;)