From: Matthias Langer <mlangc@×××.at>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] gcc-3.4 migration guide
Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2005 01:31:38
1 On Sat, 2005-12-03 at 14:04 -0700, Joshua Baergen wrote:
2 > Matthias Langer wrote:
3 > > 2.) emerge -e world on a system with lot of packages will most likley
4 > > fail somewhere during the process for various reasons. Fixig the problem
5 > > (for example by unmerging the package which causes it) and restarting
6 > > the process is not an option, as this may cost you lot's of time. In my
7 > > case, emerge -e world stopped 3 times. To continiue without starting it
8 > > all again, i did
9 > >
10 > > # emerge --resume -p > package.list
11 > >
12 > > and then edited this file with vi so that
13 > >
14 > > # emerge --oneshot --nodeps `cat package.list`
17 > You'd probably be interested in 'emerge --resume --skipfirst'.
18
19 :-) well, this is just the kind of information i had expected to find in
20 the migration guide.
21
22 By the way, please don't get me wrong, i highly appreciate the hard work
23 you are all doing - gentoo really is a great project and my remarks here
24 in this list have the sole purpose to make it eaven better.
25
26 Matthias
29 > --
30 > Joshua Baergen