From: Seemant Kulleen <seemant@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Resignation (was: Project Sunrise resumed)
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 02:45:28
1 On Sun, 2006-07-30 at 22:28 -0400, Dan Meltzer wrote:
2
3 > I do not see why it is considdered hard for users to "get involved".
4 > Users have at least two choices that I can think of right now, and
5 > probably a number that I cannot think of.
6
7 What's wrong with adding a third? Furthermore, a third where users can
8 actually get their hands dirty, and one which encourages more eyeballs
9 on the "code"?
10
11 I mean seriously, this whole discussion has gotten out of hand. People
12 actually quit over this issue, which is pretty unfathomable to me. We
13 have yet to actually *see* these alleged QA issues that people are
14 clamouring over each other to escape from -- and sunrise has been about
15 for a while already. Surely the nightmare would have started by now?
16
17 What, honestly, are people worried about with Sunrise? Point me to some
18 actual factual stuff that is verifiable. Not ad hominem or any sort of
19 emotional crap -- just the facts, please.
20
21 Thanks,
22 --
23 Seemant Kulleen <seemant@g.o>