From: Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Last rites: media-tv/tvtime
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2013 14:40:57
1 On Sun, 2013-03-24 at 14:22 +0100, Peter Stuge wrote:
2 > Nuno Silva wrote:
3 > > mplayer *can* play it, but tuning is a different story.
4 >
5 > mplayer is not really an alternative. tvtime looks and feels
6 > significantly better.
7 >
8 > A lot like saying that Fiat is an alternative to Ferrari.
9 >
10 > I'm also curious if there are more known bugs than those noted in the
11 > mask. I looked at the ALSA-related build problem and it has an easy
12 > fix.
13 >
14 > I'm happy to commit fixes for the ebuild to my overlay, but it's of
15 > course quite lame for a fixed ebuild to live outside the tree.
18 > //Peter
21 Then that is something the 30 day lastrite mask gets accomplished that
22 doesn't happen when it is just left in the tree to bitrot.
23
24 Fix the bugs, and submit the fixes, it then becomes a maintainer needed
25 pkg that is working. If you wish to keep it in the tree, perhaps you
26 could proxy-maintain it.