From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] gentoo-x86 commit in net-p2p/transmission: transmission-2.12.ebuild
Date: Sun, 01 May 2011 00:11:14
1 Duncan wrote:
2 > I'm a user, and despite the fact that I tend to run ~arch or even pre-tree
3 > testing overlays, I find ebuild removal information in the changelog WAY
4 > more useful than, say, when some obscure arch keyworded a version.
5 >
6 > Ergo, the argument that users don't find that info useful is disproven.
7 > Users DO find it useful. I /as/ a user find it useful and get rather
8 > annoyed when I'm trying to trace a change and there's no entry at all for
9 > it in the changelog!
10 >
11 > So, please /do/ make ebuild removal entries in the changelog, as users
12 > /do/ find them useful. =:^)
16 I'm a user, tho a lowly one, and even I look in the changelogs from time
17 to time. I don't even see why this should be discussed. If you
18 *change* something, but it in the *change* log. If not, maybe the
19 changelog should be called something else.
20
21 Using the logic that something being removed is not a change, then
22 adding something is a change either. Adding something is important and
23 I think something being removed is important too.
24
25 Dale
26