From: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
To: vapier@g.o
Cc: Gentoo-Dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] removing debianutils from profiles
Date: Sun, 03 Aug 2003 15:17:03
1 On Sun, 2003-08-03 at 03:10, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > since coreutils provides 'readlink' now, do we still need debianutils ? the
3 > files it currently provides are:
4 > /bin/tempfile
5 > /bin/mktemp
6 > /bin/run-parts
7 > /usr/sbin/savelog
8 > /usr/sbin/mkboot
9 > /sbin/installkernel
10 > i know we used 'readlink' in portage and in baselayout, but since coreutils
11 > takes care of that, why not punt this pkg ?
12 > only thing i can think of is maybe 'tempfile' and 'mktemp' are used, but i
13 > could always put together some small bashscripts to add to baselayout to take
14 > care of those ...
15
16 We should just removed the readlink it installs ... mkboot,
17 installkernel, run-parts, savelog is all used by various things.
18
19 I do not recommend on removing it, or vote to do so.
22 Regards,
26 Martin Schlemmer
27 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop/System Team Developer
28 Cape Town, South Africa