From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o, gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-user] Re: This nite's switch to "full multilib"
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2015 18:24:14
1 (crossposting to -dev since this is fairly high-impact)
2
3 On Sun, Mar 29, 2015 at 1:27 PM, Michael Palimaka <kensington@g.o> wrote:
4 > On 30/03/15 03:43, wabenbau@×××××.com wrote:
5 >>
6 >> I also have dev-qt/qtcore-4.8.5-r2 and some other qt packages installed
7 >> but I had no problems with that.
8 >>
9 >> I'm on gentoo stable (not ~amd64) and I don't use KDE.
10 >
11 > If you're on stable, you'll need to keyword qt-4.8.6 in its entirety.
12 > You can't mix and match versions, and 4.8.6 is the only one that
13 > supports multilib.
14
15 I think we really need to either stabilize 4.8.6, or backport
16 qtchooser/multilib/etc to the current stable version.
17
18 qt is a pretty significant package to have break with multilib, and
19 trying to run qt-5 on a stable system is already a nightmare with the
20 qtchooser switch (in my case I ended up abandoning qt5 as I didn't
21 need it that badly).
24 Rich