From: "Bjarke Sørensen" <bs@××××.dk>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Spam and muppets
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 03:38:01
1 On Sun, Jun 16, 2002 at 05:08:11PM -0500, Ben Lutgens wrote:
2 > >This has come up a number of times recently, and each time i have to
3 > >double check my own spam folder to find out what the reason for the
4 > >complaint is, (I run spamassasin locally, and it works very well), I
5 > >don't think however that legally filtering of traffic to an open
6 > >mailling list is a good thing.
7
8 Bah, if people wont to participate they should not use the same
9 account as they use for spamming.. There is a reason why they get
10 listed as spammers you know.
11
12 > yes but at a minimun turning on rbl checks and not taking mail from
13 > unsubscribed addresses or bogus From: addresses should be a required
14 > minimum for any list....
15
16 Indeed!
20 | Bjarke Sørensen / 9000.WASD
21 |
22 | There are 10 types of people in this world:
23 | Those who understand binary, and those who don't.