From: Stuart Herbert <stuart@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, gentoo-web-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Stable on x86: webapp-config 1.10-r6
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 2004 10:13:36
1 Hi,
2
3 I've just marked webapp-config v1.10-r6 as stable on x86. This replaces
4 webapp-config v1.9-r2. Bug #59756 has been opened to get this v1.10-r6
5 marked as stable on our other architectures.
6
7 There's a full CHANGELOG included in the release. The highlights are:
8
9 * Now uses hard-links rather than symlinks. If /var/www
10 and /usr/share/webapps are on different filesystems, webapp-config
11 will physically copy the files instead of linking them.
12 - Some PHP scripts won't run correctly when symlinked
13 - Use --soft option to force use of symlinks
14
15 * Support for 'hook scripts' - additional installation scripts to help
16 automate configuration.
17
18 * Support for files and directories that have spaces, +'s, and other
19 shell-unfriendly characters in their name.
20
21 * Performance improvements. Not as dramatic as we'd all like, but hey -
22 that's bash for you.
23
24 webapp-config 1.10-r6 includes comprehensive manual pages. I'm working on a
25 handbook for anyone using Gentoo as a webserver, which will be published when
26 it's ready. You can follow the progress here:
27
28 http://dev.gentoo.org/~stuart/web-handbook/
29
30 Best regards,
31 Stu
32 --
33 Stuart Herbert stuart@g.o
34 Gentoo Developer http://www.gentoo.org/
35 http://stu.gnqs.org/diary/
36
37 GnuPG key id# F9AFC57C available from http://pgp.mit.edu
38 Key fingerprint = 31FB 50D4 1F88 E227 F319 C549 0C2F 80BA F9AF C57C
39 --