From: Tony Clark <tclark@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] mythtv
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 18:30:50
1 On Friday 13 June 2003 19.39, Fred Van Andel wrote:
2 > "Martin, Stephen" <stephen.martin@××××××××.com> wrote:
3 > (06/13/2003 10:23)
4 >
5 > >I believe there has been some discussion of a bootable mythtv disc on
6 > >the mythtv-user mailing list. I don't know what distribution they were
7 > >thinking of using, but you might want to touch base with them.
8 > >
9 > >-Steve
10 >
11 > Checking the online mailinglist it seems that they were considering a
12 > stripped down
13 > version of knoppix. Although its not clear is anyone is actually doing
14 > anything rather
15 > than just talking.
16 >
17 > I think it is a very cool idea, unfortunatly I don't have the hardware
18 > necessary to help.
19 >
20 I made a basic one with Gentoo a few months ago but had some X problems and I
21 also run the cvs version so I was out of date as soon as I built it. The
22 latest release is pretty cool though and I wouldn't mind helping out. The
23 only problems would be the database and country specific options.
24
25 tony
28 Contract ASIC and FPGA design.
29 Telephone +46 702 894 667