From: Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] firefox-1.5.x still in ~arch
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2006 18:28:15
1 On Sun, 2006-03-19 at 15:24 +0100, Matthias Langer wrote:
2 > I'm just curious: What is the reason that firefox-1.5.x is still in
3 > ~arch ?
4 Looking at bugreports it seems that firefox 1.5 has - at least on some systems - quite serious issues.
5
6 Some users report excessive memory usage, I've masked it on my system
7 because it was unbearably slow (multiple seconds to open a new empty
8 tab). As long as these issues are not reliably fixed I think firefox
9 should stay in ~arch
12 Patrick
13 --
14 Stand still, and let the rest of the universe move