From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Use GLEP27!
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2015 19:22:17
1 On 15 Dec 2015 10:35, Alec Warner wrote:
2 > On Tue, Dec 15, 2015 at 6:19 AM, Mike Frysinger wrote:
3 > > a flat text file akin to /etc/passwd is not readable. xml is readable.
4 >
5 > u trollin' bro?
6
7 in this domain, it's harder to screw up xml and not notice (either human or
8 machine) whereas it's pretty easy to add/omit an extra : and not notice as
9 the file will be valid from a parsing pov.
10
11 quick, off the top of your head, which of these are correct ?
12 and tell me which field exactly each one is supposed to go to ?
13 and then reasonably expect new comers to read this and not choke ?
14 lp:x:4:7::/var/spool/lpd:/bin/false
15 lp:x:4:7:/var/spool/lpd:/bin/false
16 lp:x:4:7:/var/spool/lpd::/bin/false
17 lp:x:4:7::lpd:/bin/false
18 lp:x:4:7:lpd:/bin/false
19 lp:x:4:7:lpd::/bin/false
20
21 i consider this format simply a different form of hazing except we all lose ;)
22 -mike