From: Kent Fredric <kentfredric@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: RFC: new global USE flag "srcdist"
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2014 14:07:53
1 On 3 January 2014 02:18, Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> wrote:
2
3 > > Maybe we could add RESTRICT=srcdist which would cause ebuilds to
4 > > save their distfiles in a separate directory controlled by
5 > > PORTDIR_NODIST or something. If the variable is unset then it's
6 > > business as usual.
7 >
8 > Interesting idea, but how would RESTRICT=srcdist be different from
9 > RESTRICT=mirror?
12 I'd suggest we don't even need multiple variables for this, RESTRICT=mirror
13 seems clear enough.
14
15 The only change required would be overloading the meaning of that RESTRICT
16 verb to mean new things with regard to disk storage.
17
18 ie:
19
20 /distfiles/ # Normal
21 /distfiles-nomirror/ # RESTRICT=mirror
22 /distfiles-nofetch/ # RESTRICT=fetch
23
24 I guess you could make it still search for distfiles in all 3 locations in
25 case end users want to do silly things like violate Java's mirroring
26 policies and replicate java things via distfiles/ shared, or you could
27 make it straightfoward enough to use all 3 paths with a single distfiles
28 dir.
29
30 But as it stands, the tooling isn't too friendly for people who want/need
31 to closely adhere to upstream distribution policies.
34 Kent