From: "Diego Elio Pettenò" <flameeyes@×××××××××.eu>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] gentoo-x86 commit in virtual/ffmpeg: ffmpeg-9.ebuild ChangeLog ffmpeg-0.10.2-r1.ebuild
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 12:22:30
1 On 17/01/2013 06:31, Samuli Suominen wrote:
4 > The tree definately isn't ready for libav so +1 from me, I almost
5 > changed it back myself already but to avoid stupid commit wars didn't.
6
7 I disagree with "the tree isn't ready for libav" — I can add myself to
8 Ben and Alexander on having used libav for a long time at this point
9 (given I'm also one of the original split team!).
10
11 But also, if you say that the tree isn't ready because of the bugs I
12 opened — remember that I'm not going to test ffmpeg any time soon. I do
13 reserve the right to not give a damn about software whose authors
14 insulted me more than a few times so ffmpeg is blacklisted on my
15 tinderbox. All the tree is tested with libav — and most of it works
16 fine, with the exception of libav-9 (because of the new API).
17
18 Interestingly enough, ffmpeg-0.11/1 has mostly same problems as libav-9,
19 so the bugs can easily be shared across the two, so if it's not ready
20 for one, it can't be ready for the other.
23 Diego Elio Pettenò — Flameeyes
24 flameeyes@×××××××××.eu — http://blog.flameeyes.eu/