From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Some council topics for March meeting
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2007 17:29:57
1 On Fri, 2 Mar 2007 16:57:43 +0000 Roy Marples <uberlord@g.o>
2 wrote:
3 > Having a deadline does not make it more important. It just has a
4 > deadline.
5
6 Well, it's the only thing that would have one. So what would qualify
7 PMS for that unique status, when things like USE deps, a GLEP 42
8 implementation, the www redesign, GLEP 37 and GLEP 23 don't get it?
9
10 The only explanation I can think of is that the Council considers
11 replacing Portage as soon as possible to be vitally important. If
12 there's a different explanation, I'd like to hear it. If that really is
13 the explanation, I'd like to hear what the Council considers Portage's
14 failings to be.
15
16 It's also worth noting that having a deadline doesn't affect when
17 it will be ready. Having good reasons for prioritising it, however,
18 does.
21 Ciaran McCreesh
22 Mail : ciaranm at ciaranm.org
23 Web : http://ciaranm.org/