From: Daniel Ostrow <dostrow@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] What to do with things like -fpie in CFLAGS in environment?
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 16:12:41
1 On Tue, 2005-04-12 at 17:59 +0200, Maurice van der Pot wrote:
2 *snip*
3 > If compiled with the hardened gcc profile, -fno-pie has to be specified
4 > when compiling the tests or it will fail. Specifying -fno-pie always
5 > will force me to disable any PIE support through configure as well.
6 >
7 > I tried to adapt the makefiles to disable pie themselves for the tests
8 > only, but then I have another problem:
9 *snip*
10
11 Take a look at dev-libs/glib/files/glib-2.6.3-testglib-ssp.patch to see
12 how solar and I dealt with a similar issue with tests and ssp. See if
13 you can adapt it, we just forced -fno-stack-protector after the CFLAGS
14 pulled in from the system.
15
16 --Dan
19 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list