From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] gentoo-x86 commit in media-video/undvd: undvd-0.3.0.ebuild metadata.xml ChangeLog Manifest
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2007 23:53:07
1 Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o> posted
2 20071216204913.GW31432@supernova, excerpted below, on Sun, 16 Dec 2007
3 12:49:13 -0800:
4
5 > I think it's valuable to show the flags that actually need to be changed
6 > rather than a full list of all required flags.
7
8 ++
9
10 I had a USE blocker give me a list, recently, and it was mildly
11 irritating to have to sort out which of the several USE flags were wrong.
12
13 In my case it was in kdelibs-9999.4 in the KDE overlay, complaining about
14 qt4, recent changes according to the forum, but it still took me a bit to
15 figure out which USE flag it was, even tho I had read about them, because
16 there were several flags in the list, all of which seemed set on first
17 glance -- but I missed accessibility. So even knowing about it in
18 advance, the list wasn't as clear as naming the specific flag would have
19 been.
20
21 Still, I agree a list is better than having to recompile it several times
22 over! =8^)
27 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
30 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list