From: Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] initial portage-ng doc online
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2003 00:50:39
1 On Tue, 2003-12-02 at 19:27, Daniel Robbins wrote:
2 > Hi All,
3 >
4 > We have updated the Portage project page:
5 >
6 > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/portage/
7 >
8 > It now includes an updated timeline, a Portage roadmap/TODO (there are a
9 > few broken links in here, known issue) and a Portage-ng specification
10 > document which is viewable here:
11 >
12 > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/portage/portage-ng/systemspec.xml
13 >
14 > Thanks to nerdboy for pointing me in the right direction about getting
15 > the portage-ng document together, as well as feedback from the
16 > gentoo-portage-dev mailing list, Thanks to carpaski for his work on
17 > getting the Portage roadmap/TODO online, and thanks to pvdabeel for his
18 > work on the exploratory portage-ng prototype that should be online soon.
19
20 If you're getting rid of the virtuals file and calculating on-demand,
21 why not the world file too?