From: Sebastian Werner <sebastian@××××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] FHS compliance
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2002 16:52:04
1 Am Don, 2002-02-07 um 22.40 schrieb George Shapovalov:
2 > I would feel uneasy having package database sitting in /var (people quite
3 > often allocate separate partition for that one to get some protection for the
4 > rest of the system as this is the one, which changes most often).
5 > Well, in fact I am about /var/db/pkg. To me it was unnatural place to look
6 > for the database of installed packages. I there would be a discussion I would
7 > vote for keeping both portage and db/pkg trees under /usr.
8 >
9 > George
12 I would like something like:
13
14 /usr/portage/* -> /usr/share/portage/available
15 /var/db/pkg/* -> /usr/share/portage/installed
16 /usr/portage/profiles -> /usr/share/portage/profiles
17 /usr/portage/distfiles -> /usr/share/portage/archives
18
19 And the flat hierarchy (as one mails before) of packages in both
20 directories: available and installed!
21
22 Greetings
23
24 Sebastian