From: Petre Rodan <kaiowas@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Bugzilla Bug #109301 dev-db/mysql-4.1.14 stable request.
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 14:22:02
1 Hi,
2
3 On Wed, Oct 19, 2005 at 09:30:19AM -0400, Jeffrey Forman wrote:
4 > Petre Rodan wrote:
5 > > is that
6 > > grant all privileges on 'DB'.* to 'user'@'localhost' identified by 'password';
7 > > deprecated in 4.1?
8 > > because it inserts the line in mysql.users, but authentication is impossible :/
9 > >
10 > > I had to use this syntax to get things going:
11 > >
12 > > GRANT USAGE ON *.* TO 'user'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'password' WITH MAX_QUERIES_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_CONNECTIONS_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_UPDATES_PER_HOUR 0;
13 > >
14 > > GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `DB`.* TO 'user'@'localhost';
15 > >
16 > > maybe it would be a Good Thing(TM) to add this to the upgrade document?
19 > Peter,
20 >
21 > After adding a person with the grant option, one must usually 'flush
22 > privileges' to update all the tables and allow the person access.
23
24 I did flush a million times. I lost almost 4 hours with this mysql upgrade due to authentication problems.
25 It worked only when I used the second syntax.
26
27 can anyone please check out if you can create a new user with the 'deprecated' version and that you can actually use it in mysql-4.1.14? I invariably got 'bad password for user ...'.
28
29 a bug report will follow tomorrow.
30
31 thx,