From: hasufell <hasufell@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: Mikle Kolyada <zlogene@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] stabilization commits and atomicity
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 11:21:36
1 I'd like to discuss whether we should allow/encourage stabilization
2 commits to be less atomic. They often bloat the history, make it hard to
3 skim through the summaries list and people who are looking for
4 stabilization probably do 'git log -- <ebuild-dir>' anyway, no? In
5 addition, I'm not sure the bug information where people post "stable"
6 comments is very useful.
7
8 At least, the previous commits on
9 app-leechcraft/
10
11 could have been category-commits, since they all refer to the same thing
12 and the same bug.
13
14 I'd go so far to say allow people to do commits like:
15 """
16 amd64 stabilizations
17
18 <optional list of bugs>
19 """
20 possibly pre-pending the rough domain like "kde", if any. I think kde
21 herd already does that, no?
22
23 Unless someone thinks the mass-100+ commits are really useful in the
24 visible history.