From: rparkiso@×××××××.net
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Dual Linux install
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2001 08:10:40
1 Hi,
2 Here is my situation. I am new to gentoo. I am trying to install
3 gentoo on my system. I have two IDE disk drives. Drive 2 has Mandrake
4 7.1. It contains a /boot partition (hdb0) with grub installed there.
5 Currently the MBR of the disk one (hda) is setup with BootMagic to
6 install Windows or Linux Mandrake. I have made one reiserfs partition on
7 drive 1 (hda8). I want to install gentoo onto that partiton.
8
9 1. Can I use the /boot (hdb0) partition with both Mandrake and gentoo? How?
10
11 2. After I untar sys.tbz2 there does not seem to be a kernel in
12 /usr/src/linux and I cannot find a bootable kernel with a System.map.
13
14 3. I also do not understand what I need in the config modules. Could
15 someone send a sample of this file?
16
17 I know that you are busy, so answer this when you can, no hurry.
18
19 Thank You
20 Ron
21