From: "Paweł Hajdan
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: virtual/icon-theme
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2011 18:49:24
1 On 8/2/11 11:20 AM, Markos Chandras wrote:
2 > I would like to discuss the possibility to create a new virtual package
3 > for all the icon-theme packages. According to this bug[1], it seems like
4 > pcmanfm, and possible other applications too, require an icon-theme to
5 > be present, no matter which one. So I think it would make sense to
6 > create a new virtual package to include all the existing icon-themes.
7
8 www-client/chromium isn't going to take this train. I was thinking about
9 something similar a few months ago but it turned out to be more complex
10 (the icon set used depends on the running desktop environment).
11
12 Anyway, if it's useful for other packages sounds good to me.