From: Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Global Systemd USE Flag
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2012 14:46:29
1 On 08/08/12 22:35, Jason A. Donenfeld wrote:
2 > On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 4:33 PM, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
3 >> You are right. In case users really intend to use that, they may be
4 >> better using app-portage/install-mask, and:
5 >>
6 >> $ install-mask -a systemd
7 >>
8 >> which will add just the right path.
9 > Still misses the point. USE flags were invented to deal with these
10 > options. On a default install, which uses OpenRC, users shouldn't have
11 > to then emerge an additional program to add more configuration in
12 > order to have a clean system.
13 >
14 And while we're at it -
15
16 can we *please* use the openrc useflag to have correct paths and binary
17 names again?
18 Just because upstream says we should be fedora doesn't mean we have to
19 do it.
20
21 Right now it's really frustrating to have systemd artifacts all over my
22 system even when I explicitly ask for it to not be near it.
23 Very rude. Very not Gentoo.