From: Tim Yamin <plasmaroo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] The Gentoo Developer Handbook - Now with FREE* extra mojo!
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 09:20:30
1 Hi all,
2
3 You will be pleased to know that your friends at Gentoo Developer
4 Relations [1] are now proud to release the Gentoo Developer Handbook,
5 available on www.gentoo.org now:
6
7 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/devrel/handbook/handbook.xml
8
9 The Gentoo Developer Handbook is an effort to centralize Gentoo
10 Development Documentation into one easy-to-ready and easy-to-bookmark
11 set - simply put, we're making it sexy, groovy, and easy to munch all in
12 one bunch. Don't let the reviews fool you, get your copy now**!
13
14 "Outstandlingly written and compiled; giving both developers and users
15 the vital help they need with Gentoo ebuild Development!"
16 - GWN.
17
18 "Pointing to and checking up on those vital Gentoo policies has never
19 been so easy before!"
20 - Gentoo QA Team.
21
22 Some of you may already be familiar with certain parts; but don't worry:
23 reading more doesn't make you any less wise - so check all those
24 policies, and read up on the latest tips, whether on how to tame
25 repoman for that better CVS Commit Feeling Today or how to get
26 glittering ebuilds in just a few steps!
27
28 We're also proud to announce the Gentoo Etiquette Policy for developers.
29 Fully approved and specially formulated by Gentoo Developer Relations,
30 the guide aims to set standards on etiquette which we would expect from
31 nice people like you anyway...
32
33 As always; if you have any opinions or comments on the handbook then
34 feel free to speak up.
35
36 Thanks!
37
38 [1] http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/devrel/
39
40 * Batteries not included.
41 ** While stocks and purple pixel paint lasts. Printed on eco-friendly
42 XML.
43
44 | Tim Yamin: plasmaroo@g.o
46 | Gentoo Linux Developer Relations
47 | Gentoo Linux X86 Core and Kernel Team
48 | Gentoo Security and GLSA Security Systems
49 | Gentoo Scientific and EDA Package Development