From: Robert Buchholz <rbu@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: Tobias Klausmann <klausman@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Wanted: Stats collection (not submission!) testimonials
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 15:19:34
1 On Sunday 12 July 2009, Tobias Klausmann wrote:
2 > Interestingly, my cross-compile alpha setup (created using
3 > crossdev) is noticed as a "secret package" - I presume that is on
4 > purpose?
5
6 That's an interesting phenomenon that pops up with both g-cpan and
7 crossdev, because they generate new ebuilds. I don't know how crossdev
8 works in detail, but g-cpan will create ebuilds in the first overlay in
9 PORTAGE_OVERLAYS -- if that is a public overlay, the stats client will
10 report them. If it has a private or no repo_name, the stats client will
11 not do that. I would assume crossdev generared the ebuilds in a private
12 overlay?
16 Robert