From: "Diego Elio Pettenò" <flameeyes@×××××××××.eu>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: RFC: install linux-firmware with kernel sources (was Re: [gentoo-dev] Lastrite: Firmware cleanup, part #1)
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 17:35:38
1 On 13/02/2013 18:33, Peter Stuge wrote:
2 > I don't like the binary distribution argument of include everything
3 > to cover as many possible use cases as possible in one go.
4 >
5 > I very much like the high resolution of Gentoo packages. I'd hate to
6 > enter a slippery slope toward lower resolution.
7
8 Are you really that _lazy_ to not accept the option to just do
9
10 cat - >> /etc/portage/package.use <<EOF
11 sys-kernel/gentoo-sources -firmware
12 EOF
13
14 and be done with it?
15
16 Chr(ome) on a bike, you're getting on my nerves (and I'd bet not just mine).
19 Diego Elio Pettenò — Flameeyes
20 flameeyes@×××××××××.eu — http://blog.flameeyes.eu/