From: "Hanno Böck" <mail@××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: openhbci-general@×××××××××××××××××.net
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Status of openhbci in Gentoo
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 14:47:16
1 Hi,
2
3 Due to some notes that I have binary files in the tree on some packages I used
4 to maintain ages ago, I came to the fact that we still have openhbci in the
5 tree.
6
7 openhbci is a library for the german homebanking computer interface standard.
8 It has been replaced by the much advanced aqbanking.
9
10 We have three apps in the tree that use openhbci:
11 lxbank - seems to be still in development, but the ebuild is outdated for ages
12 and nobody ever cried about updated versions - so I just assume nobody uses
13 it.
14 aqmoney - commandline tool, not touched for ages, I assume the same
15 gnucash <= 1.8.9 - Can be removed as soon as alpha marks aqbanking + deps +
16 latest gnucash stable. Later gnucash-versions have switched to aqbanking.
17
18 So, my suggestion is to remove openhbci, openhbci-plugin-ddvcard, lxbank,
19 aqmoney and gnucash-1.8.9 soon.
20
21 If anybody is still using openhbci / has reasons to continue doing so, please
22 cry very loud NOW, else it will be removed.
23
24 cu,
27 Hanno Böck Blog: http://www.hboeck.de/
28 GPG: 3DBD3B20 Jabber: jabber@××××××.de
29
30 "Was berechtigt eigentlich jeden Computerbesitzer, ungefragt seine Meinung
31 abzusondern?"
32 Jean-Remy von Matt